Monday, March 22, 2010

Caramel Caravan: Group 7


Cherry Blossom Caramel
*** / Blast from the Past
You can't help but be skeptic over a brandname such as Bambi. But there's a reason brand name juggernuts like Reese's, and M&M's have conquered the competition: they're tasty! Which is why I'm certain I've seen this Hokkaido based brand on the main island of Honshu. I'm not one to eat flowers, so this Sakura (cherry blossom) flavored caramel was alien to me. Though the second it sat on my tongue, I felt at home. It tasted just like a strawberry Brach's Milk Maid Royal, which just happens to forever be a candy dear to my heart. In fact, it's so good, I couldn't stop popping them in my mouth while writing this review. If you like a sweet berry-ish caramel, hook up with this fine piece of confectionary!



.
Milk Caramel
* / Ehh
Yes, another milk caramel. Besides being abnormally hard, that's all I have to say about this cliched caramel.



.

Strawberry Caramel
*** / Ripeness
I'm a sucker for sweet, and this Bambi Strawberry licked me away. At first a smoothie comes to mind, but then authentic strawberry flavors appear. And before you know it this sugary treat melts in your mouth faster than the Wicked Witch. It's high level of sweetness may keep repeated chews at bay, but this certainly ranks in the top 5. If I didn't use a 3 star system, this one would surely earn 999.



.
Chocolate Caramel
*** / Tootsierific
Sadly, Tootsie Rolls are not sold in Japan. Luckily, Bambi's Chocolate Caramels are. Except for the final chews will give off a skunky chocolate aftertaste, one can only taste "tootsie rolls" during this fun filled adventure. Though one looking for caramel flavor should chew elsewhere.

No comments: